Considerations for creating campaign materials:
- Start with a standard description for the campaign. “It Starts With Yes: The Campaign for Seattle Children’s is a bold initiative – $1 billion bold – to partner with our community and deliver on our shared vision to transform children’s health for generations to come.”
- Yes language (i.e., “Say yes to…”) should always be connected to the big-picture goal of transforming childhood health or advancing one of the pillars.
- Use yes related to giving sparingly; it’s about the larger idea of saying yes to kids, not to a one-time donation or event.
- Follow the best practice of connecting the donor directly to the change they hope to make and to deprioritize the role of the organization as the intermediary. For example, “your gift improves the lives of patients and their families” vs. “your gift supports Seattle Children’s campaign, which will improve the lives of patients and their families.”
- Yes should feel inclusive to readers. When writing about the campaign, ask yourself, “Would a child or family see themselves in this?”
It Starts With Yes: The Campaign for Seattle Children’s is the largest campaign in Seattle Children’s history – with a fundraising goal of $1 billion. With the partnership of our community, our donors and our workforce, we have an extraordinary opportunity to transform childhood health for generations to come.
Every day, we ask three critical questions:
- Can we bring hope to a family in their time of need?
- Can we provide the care that will give her the healthiest future possible?
- Can we find a cure for his disease and not just treat the symptoms?
Until we can say yes to every child and family, our work is far from done.
With this campaign, and with your partnership, we are:
- Advancing our core mission to care for every child.
- Delivering on the promise and power of immunotherapy.
- Unlocking the mysteries of the childhood brain.
- Launching a new era for community health and wellness.
With your help, Seattle Children’s will continue to invest in the people, programs and facilities that bring hope, care and cures to kids and families.
It starts with yes.
More message examples:
- It Starts With Yes: The Campaign for Seattle Children’s is a fundraising campaign with a bold vision to ensure that more families can count on hope, care and cures — now and into the future.
- Our guilds always rise to meet the needs of families, and through It Starts With Yes, we are calling on everyone to continue that good work for generations to come.
- Every gift to It Starts With Yes — of any amount — helps a child.
- See what your yes can do.
- Your yes can transform childhood health.
- Can we care for every child who needs us — today, tomorrow and always? With your help, the answer is yes.
- We launched It Starts With Yes: The Campaign for Seattle Children’s because we see a day where we can say yes to hope, care and cure every time, for every child. To get there, we must continue to push, innovate and advocate — relentlessly.
- Medical breakthroughs that were unimaginable even a decade ago are within our reach. So, too, is our ability to keep kids in our communities healthier and out of the hospital. It is the right time to launch It Starts With Yes and we are thrilled to have you by our side.
- This campaign is the largest in Seattle Children’s history — with a fundraising goal of $1 billion. Our goal is big and bold, but so is our support from people like you. Thank you for standing with us in support of a day when we can say yes to every child and family.
- When Seattle Children’s opened its doors in 1907, the founders had a clear mission for the hospital – to care for every child, regardless of their ability to pay. Seattle Children’s is calling on the community to help continue and build upon that same enduring goal, allowing the hospital to continue to provide more than $120 million a year in financial assistance for families in need; expand necessary healthcare and research facilities; and invest in clinical programs to advance children’s healthcare.
- Seattle Children’s growth has been significant, but it’s still not enough to meet the growing needs of children in the region. Last year, Seattle Children’s many sites of care had more than 420,000 patient visits. That’s nearly double what it was 10 years ago. To help meet the increasing demand, Seattle Children’s main campus will expand in the fall of 2018 with the addition of Building Care, which will add 300,000 square feet to the hospital.
- It Starts With Yes will also help transform care for children around the world by investing in research that will move the needle on lifesaving treatments and cures for childhood diseases. With Seattle Children’s Research Institute as one of the nation’s top five pediatric research centers, nearly 50% of Seattle Children’s $1 billion initiative will go to fund research.
- In addition to advancing Seattle Children’s core mission, It Starts With Yes will deliver on the promise and power of immunotherapy, help unlock the mysteries of the childhood brain, and launch a new era for community health and wellness.
- It Starts With Yes is a multi-year fundraising campaign that will harness the collective power our supporters saying yes to achieving our mission to provide hope, care and cures to every child who needs us.
- We can’t meet the needs of all kids with our existing facilities. It Starts With Yes asks the community to support Building Care, Building Cure and the new Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic.
- Medical breakthroughs that were unimaginable even a decade ago are now within reach. Our researchers are working tirelessly toward cures, but they can’t do it without support from our community.